Tue, December 19, 2017
Industrial Design Team Leader
Overview of Job Function(s):
inMusic is a family of leading music technology and consumer electronics brands. Through collaboration and innovation, every inMusic brand has the unique ability to respond dynamically to the demands of its customers, delivering the latest advancements in engineering, design, and technology in the DJ, Music Production, Pro Audio, Musical Instrument, and Consumer Electronics industries.
This Industrial Designer will lead and contribute the aesthetic and ergonomic development of our products, working directly with our engineers, contract manufacturers, and management teams to explore, innovate and execute world-class products. The ideal candidate should have a strong sense of proportions, a detail oriented personality, and a passion for new technology and music. He/she also needs to have a proven ability to maintain involvement in product development cycle from concept to production. We are looking for an Industrial Designer who can dedicate her/his life to mastering industrial design skills, while reaching out to collaborate and integrate with all the other disciplines.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Explore a wide variety of compelling design options and new product ideas.
- Collaborate with product team and engineers to translate project goals into relevant design solutions.
- Effectively communicate concepts through verbal, visual and written means.
- Create or update ID concepts, 3D data, print artwork, CMF specification for each project
- Assist or directly involve in rough mock-up creation or indicative prototype file preparation
- Follow though and keep design intent and integrity to mass manufacturing
- Manage multiple design projects daily
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design from an accredited design institution.
- 1~6 years design experience, preferably in corporate in-house design center.
- Experience in entire cycle of concept to production in consumer electronic product development
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, SolidWorks, Keyshot, and MS Office
- Strong understanding in product development processes and industrial designer’s roles
- Ability to rapidly explore a wide variety of design options, including forms, colors, finishes and materials
- Strong project and time management skills, communication skills, and sense of team work
- Extensive knowledge in a variety of materials and manufacturing methods
- MUST present a link to an outstanding online portfolio that demonstrates all above
- Maturity and willingness to take directions and learn from others
- Love for music and technology
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org