Denon Professional Envoi - Frequently Asked Questions
The Denon Professional Envoi is a compact, easily-transportable AC/battery-powered speaker system that solves the dilemma of how to deliver true professional-grade sound reinforcement to an outdoor event or large interior space when there is no access to AC power. This article walks through a number of frequently asked questions about the Denon Professional Envoi presentation speaker.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are some of the main features of the Denon Professional Envoi?
- How much power and how loud can the Envoi get?
- What are the dimensions and weight of the Envoi?
- How do I pair the Envoi to my Bluetooth device?
- What is the range of the Bluetooth connection?
- The sound is coming out distorted. What should I do?
- What kind of battery powers the Envoi?
- How long does the battery last?
- How long does it take to recharge the battery?
- Further Technical Support
The Envoi has a number of accessories and playback functions that other similar speakers on the market today do not. These include:
- Built-in rechargeable batteries for portability
- Bluetooth connection for wireless audio streaming
- USB/SD MP3/WMA Player for unattended playback with LCD display
- Built-in pole-mount socket, telescoping handle and transport wheels
- Wireless microphone
- ... and more!
The Envoi 2-way speaker system has a high-output 10-inch woofer and 1" high frequency driver and supplies up to 240W (peak) power while connected to a wall power outlet and up to 160W (peak) on battery power.
The dimensions of the Envoi are as follows:
- 1.18' x 1' x 1.84' (L x W x H)
The Envoi weighs about 38.5 lbs.
- Turn on your Bluetooth device.
- Power on the Envoi.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device’s setup screen, select Bluetooth which is the Envoi speaker, and connect.
Note: If prompted for a passcode, enter 0000.
- Play music from your Bluetooth device.
- Adjust the volume from Envoi by holding down the |<< or >>| button to decrease or increase the volume.
- To disconnect pairing, turn off Bluetooth on your device or select “Delete paired info” from the Envoi Bluetooth menu.
The typical range is up to around 35 feet (10 meters) or so with a clear line of sight. However, the range may vary depending upon your source device and the environment.
If the sound from your Denon Professional Envoi is coming out distorted at high and low levels, try lowering the volume control of your sound source - such as your iPod, iPhone, or Android device.
If you continue to experience distortion, contact Denon Professional Technical Support.
The Denon Pro Envoi contains two 12V DC, 5Ah/20Hr lead acid batteries. The dimensions for each battery is 2.75" x 3.5" x 4" (L x W x H) , and they weigh approximately 3.25 lbs a piece.
From full-charge, the batteries will last up to 12 hours at about half-power (volume), and around 3 - 4 hours at full power (volume).
It takes about 10 hours to recharge the battery from near empty.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Denon DJ product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Denon DJ technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.