Denon Professional AVR-X3100W - Frequently Asked Questions
Designed with the professional installer/integrator in mind, the Denon Professional AVR-X3100W Rackmount A/V receiver is the ideal centerpiece for a complete multimedia presentation, small commercial or home entertainment AV system. This article walks through a number of frequently asked questions about the DN-AVR-X3100.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can the AVR-X3100W connect to Bluetooth?
- How many surround channels does the AVR-3100W have?
- What does the "2" in 7.2 mean?
- How many separate zones does the AVR-X3100W have?
- I am running 2 zones but only getting stereo out of my 2nd zone, why?
- Will the AVR-X3100W upscale my Blueray to 4K?
- Which audio streaming apps can I use?
- Can I control the AVR-X3100W from an IOS device?
- Can the AVR-X3100W connect to my wireless network?
- Can the AVR-X3100W connect to my home wired network?
- Where can I get further technical assistance?
Yes! The AVR-X3100W has Bluetooth capability and can connect to a Bluetooth phone, tablet, or computer. In order to enjoy music from a Bluetooth device on this unit, the Bluetooth device must first be paired with this unit. Once the Bluetooth device has been paired, it does not need to be paired again.
- Press Bluetooth to switch the input source to “Bluetooth”. When using for the first time, the unit will go into the pairing mode automatically and “Pairing” will appear on the display of the unit.
- Select this unit when its name appears in the list of devices displayed on the screen of the Bluetooth device. At the end of the pairing, the device name appears on the display of this unit.
- Connect to the Bluetooth device while “Pairing” is being displayed on the display of the unit. Perform the connection with the Bluetooth device close to the unit (about 3.3 ft/1 m).
- When connecting a second Bluetooth device, press and hold Bluetooth for approximately 3 seconds or select “Pairing Mode” from the options menu to pair the device.
- This unit can be paired with a maximum of 8 Bluetooth devices. When a 9th Bluetooth device is paired, it will be registered in place of the oldest registered device.
- When a number appears on the display of this unit, check that it is the same number as that shown on the screen of the Bluetooth device and then select “Pair” for both the Bluetooth device and the unit.
- Enter “0000” when the password is requested on the screen of the Bluetooth device.
The AVR-X3100W has 7.2 surround sound capable channels.
The AVR-X3100W has the ability to run 2 sub-woofers at the same time.
The AVR-X3100W can run 2 separate video and audio feed. You can operate this unit to enjoy video and audio in a room (ZONE2) that is different from the room where this unit is placed (MAIN ZONE). You can simultaneously play back the same source in both the MAIN ZONE and ZONE2. You can also play back separate sources in the MAIN ZONE and ZONE2.
Zone 2 will only produce a stereo output. Or, connect a separate stereo amp and speakers to the Zone 2 pre-outs, and enjoy full 7 channel surround sound in the main room.
Yes, the AVR-X3100W will upscale Blue ray to 4k. Digital video processor upscales analog video signals (SD resolution) to HD (720p/1080p) and 4K With the HDMI connection, high definition video and high quality audio formats adopted by Blu-ray Disc players (Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, DTS-HD Master Audio) can be transmitted, which is not possible with the analog video transmission.
Built in Spotify,pandora, sirius xm. Also provides 1000 of interent radio stations. You can also stream your favorite music from your Apple devices, including the iPod touch, iPhone and iPad via the built-in AirPlay feature.
The AVR-X3100W uses an app called the Denon remote app, this is available in the IOS app store and is a free download. Compatible with the Denon Remote App”for performing basic operations of the unit are iPad, and iPhone devices. The Denon Remote App is application software that allows you to perform basic operations with an iPad, iPhone, for turning the unit ON/OFF, controlling the volume, and switching the source. Download the appropriate Denon Remote App for your iOS or Android devices. This unit needs to be connected to the same LAN or Wi-Fi (wireless LAN) network that the iPhone or iPod touch is connected to.
The AVR-X3100W can also be set up and operated by a home computer on the network via IP control, either via wired LAN connection or via WiFi wireless connection. An RJ-45 wired LAN port is provided for direct connection to your home network. Here is a basic diagram of the setup.
The AVR-X3100W can connect to a network using a wired LAN or wireless LAN. You can connect this unit to your home network (LAN) to enable various types of playback and operations as described below.
- Playback of network audio such as Internet Radio and from your media server(s)
- Playback of music content from online streaming services
- Using the Apple AirPlay function
- Operation on this unit via the network
- Firmware Update
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Denon Professional product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Denon Professional technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: phone support, email support.