Denon Professional DN-700R - Updating The Firmware
?The DN-700R Network SD/USB Recorder is designed to meet the needs of the most demanding installations, combining high quality audio recording with extensive network capabilities. This article walks through the steps in order to update your Denon's firmware.
When firmwares are generated, they are typically to improve functionality or to add features to your product. Although updated firmware can be beneficial, it is critical that you are careful when updating your firmware since if it is not done properly, you may completely remove the current firmware from the hardware rendering it inoperable.
Additionally, ensure that only 1 single firmware file is loaded on the thumb drive that you use to perform the firmware update.
Table of Contents
- Preparing the Update File
- Performing the Firmware Update
- Confirming the Firmware Version
- Further Technical Support
When a new firmware is available, you will be able to find it in the DOWNLOADS section of the DN-700R product page for download.
Once the firmware .ZIP folder is download, extract the DN700RFW.BIN within this folder to the ROOT of a thumb drive that is in FAT32 format.
- Make sure that the DN-700R is in STANDY mode. If not, turning OFF the unit is fine.
- When it's confirmed that the unit is in standby mode or turned off, insert the thumb drive that contains the firmware file.
- Turn the hardware ON.
- You will receive a message on the screen pertaining to the firmware update. The updater version will be shown on this screen. Make sure that this firmware version is the one that you want to load into your DN-700R.
- "Cancel" is the default selection. Moving the jog wheel will allow you to highlight "OK."
- Press in the jog wheel in order to select "OK."
- Wait approximately 1 minute for the firmware update process to take effect. You may notice that the screen will black out. This is a normal occurrence when updating the firmware.
- When the firmware update is complete, your DN-700R will reboot on it's own.
- Your DN-700R is now updated!
Once the firmware is updated, it is recommended to double check the version and make sure that it's properly loaded into your DN-700R.
To confirm the firmware version,
- Press the STOP button to get your unit into STOP mode.
- Press the MENU button and turn the jog wheel until "09 Utility" is selected. Press the jog wheel to enter this menu.
- Turn the jog wheel until "04 Firmware Version" is selected. Press the jog wheel to confirm that you are on the latest version.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Denon Professional product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Denon Professional technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.